PentaCon 2018 planning is well underway and we have a very important role that needs to be filled. The PentaCon Committee is a group of dedicated Pentaholics that are committed to making PentaCon a successful and fun event, and we are in need of a new Fundraising Coordinator to be a part of the PentaCon Committee.
Being on the PentaCon Committee can be a challenging, but very rewarding experience. It is a volunteer position and attendance is required at meetings every few weeks, as well as keeping in communication with the rest of the committee members. The role of Fundraising Coordinator in particular is very important because without all the necessary funds, this event simply cannot happen. So we are looking for someone who is willing to invest the time and energy into this position. While it may be challenging, trust us when we say it is a very rewarding and satisfying experience.
The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for ALL of the following items. Please note that you may create your own sub-committee if you choose and delegate the tasks, however ultimately these are the items that the Fundraising Coordinator will oversee and report on to the PentaCon Committee as a whole. So even if you assign someone else to one of the below roles, you should have a working knowledge of what that position entails and be responsible for it.
- Sponsorship Coordinator – goes out into the community, both online and local, to gather sponsors for the event
- Auction Coordinator – contact point for everything regarding our eBay auctions, coordinating with item donors, handles and ships items, responsible for creating and monitoring the auction pages, and troubleshooting buyer problems if they arise
- Order Coordinator – manages Printful and WooCommerce (which together create our online merch store platform), as well as troubleshooting any issues with orders
- Graphic Designer – familiarity with Photoshop or other photo editing software, ensures quality of designs is appropriate (transparency, size, etc.), and has the ability to create original and aesthetically pleasing designs
- Merch Design Liaison – point of contact for designers in the community, recruiting new designers, and establishing and holding terms of agreement for royalties (amount to be decided by committee by consensus)
- Webmaster – ability to maintain and update the PentaCon website when needed
If the Fundraising Coordinator position interests you and you want to be a part of the PentaCon legacy, you MUST do the following to apply:
- Email email@example.com with your resume and/or personal statement explaining your prior experience relevant to this position and why you want to be a part of the PentaCon Committee
- The subject line of the email must include “Fundraising Coordinator” somewhere in the subject
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 31st
We think being a part of PentaCon is an amazing experience and we want you to be a part of it. So please send us your applications and we looking forward to hearing from you!
PentaCon 2018 Committee